HerbalgemMistletoe bud extract - organic
|50 ml - 22.86 €|
|Best before ≥ 12/31/2022|
Highly symbolic plant, widely used by our Celtic ancestors, Mistletoe has a multitude of medicinal properties, even if it contains a certain toxicity (mainly concentrated in the berries). Gemmotherapy uses only a small part of the therapeutic potential of Mistletoe, the main indications being nevertheless valued.
It is especially at cardiovascular level that Mistletoe has an antisclerotic effect. It is an important remedy against hypertension and its general action ensures good maintain of the tension as well as a good circulation at heat level. It reduces cholesterol, fights against atherosclerosis and dyslipaemias, is a remedy for ventricular hypertrophy and is indicated in all cardiopulmonary overload (chronic pulmonary heart).
At nervous and glandular level, Mistletoe is appropriate in epileptic syndromes neuralgia and disorders of menopause (e.g. headaches) and andropause and also has an action in menorrhagia. Reputed antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory it is also active on the fibrosclerosis.
Rudolf Steiner had already foreseen the action of mistletoe in cancer (it "encysted"). It is also useful in benign tumors that are predominantly cystic.
At musculoskeletal level, mistletoe calms sciatica, improves joint flexibility and relieves gouty rheumatism and arthrosis in general, probably because of its marked diuretic properties.
At the respiratory level, mistletoe is active in cardiac asthma and emphysema.
Among the medicinal properties mentioned for the plant, some are likely to be valued one day in gemmotherapy. For example: action on the spleen, prostate, on the lymphatic system and on the strengthening of the immune system, on migraines, skin aging, cough, nervous depression, edema, etc ...
The above information is a translation of the FEH with its authorisation.
Latin name: Viscum Album surc. rec.
Mistletoe* young shoots, Alcohol* (35%), Water, Vegetable Glycerine
* ingredients from certified organic agriculture
More information concerning HerbalGem products can be found on HerbalGem info page.
- Cancer (5-15 drops/day)
- Epilepsy (5-15 drops/day)
- Hypertension (5-15 drops/day)
- Neuralgia (5-15 drops/day)
Recommendations for use
Normally your therapist will give you the dosage corresponding to your precise problem.
Standard use and dosages for adults):
- Take the drops away from (1/2h before) meals, 2 to 3 times per day, pure or diluted in source water or honey. For an optimum result, put them directly on the tongue and wait for a few seconds before swallowing.
- In a general way, in acute phase, take from 2 to 5 drops 3 to 7 times per day. And that during one to maximum three days. If the acute phase is not calmed you probably need another bud.
- For a one-time disease which is not in acute phase, take 5 to 15 drops per day until the symptoms disappear and during maximum 3 weeks. It might be advisable to start with 5 drops a day and gradually increase the dosage (1 drop per day) if necessary up to 15 - 20 drops. After having obtained the desired result, keep the same number of drops until the end of the cure. If necessary, after 3 weeks take and a week stopping, you can repeat the treatment during a new phase of three weeks. If such a long treatment does not have the expected result(s) you should better change of bud or remedy.
- For a ground treatment (preventive and curative), take 5 to 15 drops per day for 3 weeks in a row followed by a week off and this three times. Then one month off before returning to the same cycle, if necessary.
HerbalGem/GemmoBase products are concentrated and 50 (15) ml allow for a 70 (21) days cure based on 10 drops per day.
Precautions for use
- Keep away from children.
- No specific contra-indication.
- The pregnant lady will take care not to use buds with hormonal action like raspberry, bilberry, giant redwood (or sequoia), oak.
Santi-shop code: HE044