Propos'NaturePatchouli essential oil - organic
|10 ml - 10.00 €|
Much more widely known and used in the perfume industry than in aromatherapy, patchouli essential oil, native of Indonesia, shows however interesting therapeutic properties particularly for problems of teh venous and lymphatic circulation.
Beneficial as a skin application, patchouli can cleanse and fresheninfections, assist the healing of wounds and rejuvenate mature, cracked and dry skins.
In Asie patchouli oil is used to perfume clothes and linen. Its scent has the unusual virtue of improving with age and it can enrich the senses and the mind, lift depression, inhibit anxiety and sharpen concentration. Patchouli is a sedative in low doses and a stimulant in higher ones.
On the advice of a therapist this oil is used to fight intestinal infections.
Latin name: Pogostemon cablin
Part used: leaves and twigs
Aromatic molecules: gaiène, bulnésène, patchoulène, patchoulol
"HEBBD": Botanically and Biochemically Defined Essential Oil.
- More or less viscous liquid of dark yellow colour
- Rich, woody and nuanced aroma with incense notes. Woody, humic, persistent odour.
- Venous, lymphatic and prostate decongestant
- General tonic and stimulating
- Insect repellent
- Lymphatic disorders: heavy legs, edema
- Venous circulatory disorders: hemorrhoids, varicose veins
- prostatic adenoma and prostatitis
- Dermatosis: acne, eczema
- Skin infections
Recommendations for use
- Internal use: 2 drops of essential oil morning and evening in olive oil for all congestion problems (lymph veins, hemorrhoids, prostate).
- External use: 3 drops of patchouli essential oil + 3 drops of hazelnut virgin oil on area of venous stasis (varicose vein) or lymphatic stasis, to be repeated 3 times per day.
Precautions for use
- The above information is taken from serious books but should only be considered as preliminary information in a discussion with your doctor or aromatherapist.
- The vast majority of essential oils are to be used only diluted in a vegetable oil, honey or other suitable medium respecting the recommended dosages.
- When using an essential oil for the first time on the skin, always make a test on the inner sied of the elbow to make sure it does not cause any allergic reaction.
- As essential oils are volatile, sensible to UV radiation and inflammable at high temperature, it is imperative to store them in a tightly closed dark glass bottle and at a temperature between 5 °C and 40 °C.
Santi-shop code: PN007