GREEN ORIGINSBee Pollen - organic
|125 g - 7.52 €|
|Best before ≥ 09/30/2019|
Multiple flower varieties, raw quality bee pollen with balanced nutritional profile. Bee pollen, one of the most nutritionally-rich single foods in the world has a fresh aroma and a sweet, unmistakable flavour.
Bee Pollen is a purely natural power food. Consuming regularly raw pure (well chewed) flower pollen, in the morning on an empty stomach according to some, according to others during a meal or snack (with for example milk, fruit juice, yogurt or cereals), forms a healthy addition to the daily diet and a valuable contribution to the general condition.
The most significant property of bee pollen would be its recovery potential for the overall metabolism through its constituents which activate digestion and have a primordial positive influence in the nutrient absorption. It so strengthens vitality and natural defences, supports the immune system.
Latin name: Apis Mellifica
bee pollen* (100%)
* from certified organic agriculture
- Spanish Pollen of carefully selected hives.
- The beekeepers collect the balls of pollen brought back by worker bees in pollen traps placed at the entrance of the hives. The balls are then dried and sold as such.
- Careful drying and filling preserving the natural properties.
By pollinating the flowers to remove the nectar that will be transformed into honey, the bees accumulate the pollen on their hind legs and form small balls that they transport to the hive where they will serve as food. These pellets contain, in addition to the pollen of various plants, enzymes produced by the bees in order to dissolve the solid envelope enclosing the nutrients of each small grain of pollen.
Bee pollen is composed of 30% to 65% carbohydrates, 15% to 30% proteins, 1% to 20% lipids, vitamins (mainly of group B, especially B12, and E), minerals and trace elements (calcium, chlorine, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium, silicon, sulfur), as well as small amounts of antioxidants and immunostimulating substances.
Nutritional values per 100g
- energy: 1245kJ / 295kcal
- fat: 5g of which saturates: 1,4g
- carbohydrates: 45g of which sugars: 27,5g
- fibre: 5g
- protein: 15g
- salt: 0,175g
- Vitamines: E 18 mg, C 31.5 mg, Thiamin 0.95 mg, Riboflavin 1.6 mg, Niacin 9.2 mg, Vitamin B6 0.45 mg, Folic acid 650 μg, Biotin 60 μg, Pantothenic acid 1.25 mg
- Potassium: 556 mg
- Phosphorus: 242.44 mg
- Iron: 4.8 mg
- Copper: 0.78 mg
- Calcium 52.78
- through its constituents which activate digestion
- recovery potential for the overall metabolism
- strengthens vitality
- supports the immune system
- convalescence periods
- dysfunctions of digestive organs
- heart and circulatory problems
- sleep problems
- season pollen-allergies: from early January to late July daily 1-2 teaspoons pollen strengthens resistance to pollen and makes less susceptible to pollen-allergies (note that omega-3 fatty acids also counteract sensitivity to allergies).
Recommendations for use
Never cook pollen
Precautions for use
After opening keep dry and well closed, preferably in a refrigerator.
Pollen is an allergen that can trigger strong reactions in some people.
Santi-shop code: GR002