GREEN ORIGINSSpirulina tablets (500mg) - organic
|180 tab. - 8.01 €|
|Best before ≥ 09/30/2019|
Spirulina is a blue-green freshwater alga. It consists mainly of vegetable proteins (50% à 70%), is very rich in vitamins (A, B, E), minerals (iron, calcium, magnesium, zinc, potassium, manganese) and contains also unsaturated fatty acids. All this makes it an excellent nutritional supplement useful for athletes and convalescents. It could help solve many problems of malnutrition in the world.
Spirulina* (Spirulina platensis) in 500mg tablets
* from certified organic agriculture
This Spirulina is grown organically in fresh water on an island in the South China Sea. The Spirulina is harvested, then dried using a process of spray evaporation to create a powder while losing virtually none of the nutritional value. This powder is then pressed into tablets using pressure. No other ingredients are added, the tablets are 100% pure organic Spirulina.
Contamination and heavy metals analysis.
Nutritional values per 100g
- energy: 1594kJ / 378kcal
- fat: 8,2g of which saturates: 1,1g
- carbohydrates: 9,1g of which sugars: 3.00g
- fibre: 7g
- protein: 63,5g
- salt: 1,13g
Spirulina, so rich in valuable nutrients, is somehow a "super food". It contains in particular 50% to 70% proteins of good quality (as well for their composition as for their digestibility) and appreciable amounts of carotenoids (beta-carotene, cryptoxanthin, lutein, zeaxanthin ...), of iron, phycocyanin (which is assigned an important antioxidant action).
Spirulina also contains chlorophyll, gamma-linolenic acid (unsaturated fatty acid of the omega-6 family), vitamins and small amounts of several minerals. It is low in calories and seems immune modulator. In Superfoods For Optimum Health: Chlorella and Spirulina you will find a lot of information, but we recommend not to forget the importance of a biological quality and the maximum quantity per day preconized by the producer.
Several studies attribute to spirulina a more or less important contribution in the treatment of leukoplakia, hyperlipidemia, cholesterol, blood sugar control for people with diabetes, or in fight against some pathogens (viruses like HIV or micro - organisms responsible for pneumonia) or against toxic substances like arsenic, cancer radiotherapy or chemotherapy agents.
Currently if there is nothing to really draw any clear conclusions on the clinical effectiveness of spirulina for humans, it seems a valuable contribution for convalescents, athletes, malnourished vegetarians / vegans... Its beneficial effects have been reported during treatment of patients with anaemia, diabetes, high tension, liver disease, eye problems and many other debilitating diseases.
Recommendations for use
- 1 to 6 tablets per day at mealtime.
- As Spirulina is a highly concentrated food and has detoxifying properties, it is recommended to start with half a tablet daily and increase by half a tablet per week. Thus you minimize the risk of various symptoms (gastrointestinal disorders, headaches ..) related to the detoxifying properties of spirulina and due to too high starting dosages.
- For some people spirulina may have a stimulating effect, it is thus preferable not to take it in the evening.
Precautions for use
- Keep dry under ambient temperature.
- Keep away from children.
- No contra-indication at recommended doses, but some advise caution for pregnant or breastfeeding women because of lack of data about this subject. Obviously people with phenylketonuria should avoid spirulina, because as any food containing proteins, it is a source of phenylalanine.
Santi-shop code: GR001