Natur'InovBrown linseed - organic
Brown linseeds are used in a lot of cooking recipes and have many health beneficial properties.
Linseeds are an excellent vegetable source of omega-3 fatty acids, which protect the cardiovascular system, and contain a high proportion of lignans, with anti-cancer properties, and fibres rich in mucilage which provide protection and comfort for the intestinal transit.
For a better assimilation of their valuable nutrients it is better to consume linseeds raw and crushed or ground (e.g. in a coffee-mill). As such they can be sprinkled on salads, breakfast, blended in a cold sauce, yoghurt or fresh cheese. Depending on the temperatures, cooking may affect the polyunsaturated lipids but the properties related to linseeds fibres and mucilages (protection of gastrointestinal mucosa, improving bowel movement, drop of high blood pressure levels...) are safe and provided by cooked dishes in which are incorporated whole linseeds (bread dough, pie ..) or crushed or ground linseeds (sauces, meatloaf, baked breadcrumbs) or on which are sprinkled crushed linseeds (crisps and crumbles fruit or vegetables in muffins, cakes, cakes ...).
Also very rich in fibres: dried figs, prunes, psyllium, chiaseeds, coconut meal, tigernut flour, cocoa beans or cocoa powder,....
This product is no more available. Please find hereafter a link to the category to which it belonged:
* from certified organic agriculture
Nutrional values per 100g
- energy: 2052kJ / 498kcal
- fat: 40g of which saturates: 3.7g, polyunsaturates: 23.14g
- carbohydrates: 1g of which sugars: 1g
- fibre: 27.9g
- protein: 19.5g
- salt: 0.09g
Precautions for use
- Store protected from light in a cool and dry place, in a tightly closed packing.
- As polyunsaturated fatty acids are sensible to oxygen and quickly become rancid, no large amounts of crushed or ground flax seeds should be kept in stock. The seeds are best crushed or ground just before consumption.
- Possible traces of almonds, gluten, nuts, sesame and soy.
Santi-shop code: NI022