Santi-shopMatricaria chamomilla - organic
|250 g - 6.60 €|
|Best before ≥ 07/29/2019|
Finely cut dried flowers of Matricaria Chamomile, a by infusion amateurs well-known plant but whose medicinal properties are often ignored. Chamomile flowers are nevertheless very effective against digestive disorders, nervous tension and allergies and their very smooth action makes them particularly suitable for children. At moderate doses they are also known to have some effectiveness against insomnia.
Due to their concentration in mucilages (which soothe irritations of mucouses) and their anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic properties, matricaria chamomile flowers as an infusion are effective against digestive disorders (abdominal pain, indigestion, digestive tract inflammation, gastritis, spasms , etc.), menstrual pain, muscle aches, colds, allergic rhinitis or asthma.
Externally chamomile flowers are used to disinfect and heal wounds and treat skin irritations, also to decongest irritated eyes and they help lighten hair, maintain their blondeness or give them a golden hue
Matricaria chamomilla is commonly known as chamomile (also spelled camomile), Italian camomilla, German chamomile, Hungarian chamomile (kamilla), wild chamomile or scented mayweed.
Latin name: Matricaria recutita, Matricaria chamomilla L.
Camomile* finely cut
* from certified organic agriculture
Part used: flower
Recommendations for use
- Infusion to drink: 1 teaspoon per cup (150ml) of boiling water. Cover and let infuse 10 minutes before filtering. Drink 3 cups a day before meals (spasms and inflammation of the digestive tract, indigestion, gastroenteritis, nervous agitation, flu symptoms ..).
- For inflammations of the skin or mucous membranes, use as compress or poultice, mouthwater or gargarismformulation an infusion of 3 g to 10 g dried flowers per 100 ml boiling water that has sufficiently cooled.
- Inhalations against inflammations of the airways: use an infusion of 3g of flowers in 150ml boiling water (infuse 5 to 10 minutes) and inhale the vapours when the preparation is still warm.
- Lightening hair lotion: put 100 g flowers in a liter cold water, bring to boil and boil for 5 to 10 minutes before straining. Apply as final rinse after hair shampooing.
Santi-shop code: SP093