Santi-shopAngelica, cut roots - organic
|250 g - 6.99 €|
|Best before ≥ 03/13/2020|
Angelica root is an excellent tonic for the general state and, like ginseng, is known to be a life-elixir. It contains an essential oil beneficial for the whole digestive system, is carminative, relieves cough and also has sedative properties that are particularly indicated in cases of anxiety, nervous tiredness, insomnia and sleep disorders.
Commonly also known as garden angelica, wild celery, and Norwegian angelica
Latin name: Angelica archangelica
Despite the care taken during the production process to mechanically remove foreign material, there may still remain some. It is therefore recommended to make a visual control, and if necessary a sorting, before any use.
No refund request in relation with foreign material will be accepted.
Recommendations for use
Infusion: add 10 g of angelica roots to 200 ml of water, bring to a boil, let infuse about ten minutes (in order to obtain an effective dose of active substances) and drink 1 cup several times a day. To calm, relax, rest the body, keeping its tone and giving it a balanced dynamic.
Another sometimes recommended preparation is the cold infusion: let macerate the dry roots (one teaspoon of plant per cup of water) in fresh water for approximately ten hours, then heat slightly, filter and drink ½ to 2 cups a day.
Precautions for use
- The plant may have an abortive action and is therefore contraindicated during pregnancy. However, as the German pediatricians regularly use it against infantile gastro-intestinal disorders it could be useful during lactation.
- Caution is recommended in case of ulcer or hyperacidity.
- At high doses, angelica becomes exciting for the nervous system and, especially in the evening, might cause insomnia.
- Store in a cool and dry place, away from light, in well closed packing.
- Possible traces of celery, sesame and mustard.
Santi-shop code: SP062