Santi-shopBilberries, dried leaves - organic
|100 g - 5.00 €|
|Best before ≥ 11/16/2019|
The leaves of the bilberry plant have a mild berry flavour and are widely used as a medicinal herb.
Tradition, composition and scientific studies make prescribe bilberry leaves to improve blood circulation (and reduce the associated symptoms), ocular problems (u.o. night vision, diabetic retinopathy and angiopathy ), irritable bowel syndrome, colibacilic cystitis, diarrhea, blood sugar in (pre-) diabetics, excess of urea and blood lipids. They also seem to offer support with weight loss.
Latin name: Vaccinium myrtillus
Despite the care taken during the production process to mechanically remove foreign material, there may still remain some. It is therefore recommended to make a visual control, and if necessary a sorting, before any use.
No refund request in relation with foreign material will be accepted.
- vascular protection, improve of blood circulation and associated problems
- hypoglycemic ("natural insulin" effect of myrtillin hence better tolerance of sugary foods)
- tonic, astringent, antiseptic
- inhibits the development of colibacilli (eg Escherchia coli).
- blood circulation problems and associated complaints such as swelling, pain, bruising and burning sensations
- (pre-)diabetes, diabetic retinopathy and angiopathy (prevention or slowing of progression)
- urinary infections (cystitis, pyelonephritis, urethritis) and bladder stones
- bladder weakness, urine incontinence
- diarrhea, dysentery, vomiting, stomach cramps, gastrointestinal spasms
- cough, nausea
- inflammation (skin, eyes, mucous membranes)
- skin diseases, burns, ulcers (local application)
Recommendations for use
Internal: infusion 5 to 10g for 2 cups per day, powdered 1 tsp per day.
Precautions for use
Due to the presence of arbutin (but less than in the bearberry) and perhaps also of hydroquinone it is not advisable to eat Bilberryeaves but their use at therapeutic doses is safe. For extra safety some advice to avoid too continuous treatment. Thus, they recommend cures of 3 weeks of taking followed by 1 week of stop for 3 months, then stop of 2 weeks before taking again the treatment in the same way if necessary.
Santi-shop code: SP034