Santi-shopDandelion root, powder - organic
Dandelion root is an excellent bitter tonic whose diuretic, purifying and cholagogue properties are well known. It has been used as a medicinal plant for at least 1000 years to improve liver, urinary and biliary functions, relieve minor digestive disorders and treat loss of appetite.
Dandelion contains, among others, high doses of potassium and vitamin A and its bitter elements cause a clear increase in the volume of bile excreted, facilitate its evacuation and thus have a slightly laxative action, preventive for gallstones and decongestant the liver that so better fills its antitoxic role, activates the metabolism, fights cellulite and a majority of skin problems. Dandelion is also an effective diuretic that, unlike most diuretics, does not cause potassium loss by the kidneys, and can even, thanks to its high potassium content, lead to a net gain in potassium.
In Japan dandelion root is prescribed to relieve arthritis and in China it has been used for centuries for certain types of cancers. Currently in Canada studies are looking to optimise its benefits experienced in cancer patients.
This product is no more available. Please see below possible alternative products.
Latin name: taraxacum officinale, taraxacum dens leonis
- drains the liver and kidneys
- depurative (eliminates cholesterol, uric acid and urea)
- cholagogue, stimulates the galbladder
- slightly laxative
- diuretic without causing loss of potassium
- congested liver, hepatic insufficiency
- renal insufficiency
- renal and biliary lithiasis
- skin disorders (dartre, eczema, acne, furunculosis..)
- stomach laziness
- rheumatism, gout
- constipation, intestinal fermentations
- circulatory disorders (cyanosis, varicose veins ...), hemorrhoids
- obesity, plethora, cellulite
Recommendations for use
Precautions for use
Santi-shop code: SP014