GO SuperfoodsAcerola vitamin powder - organic
|100 g - 11.41 €|
Acerola berries are among the fruits richest in vitamin C (up to as much as 40 times that of oranges) and antioxidants. This lyophilized (freeze-dried) acerola powder not only offers its pure acerola taste and its richness in natural vitamin C but many other health items including its high levels of secondary plant compounds.
Latin name: Malpighia Emarginata
100% Acerola powder*
* certified organic agricultur.
PRODUCTION PROCESS: Raw material reception, freezer storage, freeze drying (vacuum and low heat application), milling, screening, packaging.
The Harvest normally takes place when the berries are still green as this can mean they hold up to twice as much vitamin C as the ripened fruits. We source our freeze dried Acerola powder from Brazil, one of the world’s largest producers of Acerola. The fruits themselves deteriorate quickly once harvested, becoming essentially unusable within 3-5 days. For this reason, we freeze-dry our Acerola to preserve as much of the nutritional content as possible.
Nutritional values per 100g
- energy: 1517kJ / 359kcal
- fat: 1,7g of which saturates: 0,2g, mono-unsaturates: 0,2g, polyunsaturates: 0,3g
- carbohydrates: 72g of which sugars: 44,5g
- fibre: 12g
- protein: 7,9g
- salt: 0,1g
- vitamin C :20.4g
- calcium: 79.4 mg
- iron: 1.4 mg
- potassium: 1860 mg
APPROVED HEALTH BENEFITS *: micronutrients in Acerola Berry Powder contribute to:
- iron absorption and metabolism
- process of cell specialisation
- maintenance of normal mucous membranes
- healthy blood vessels
- improvement of skin health
- maintenance of bones and teeth
- healthy vision
- normal function of cartilage
- immune system support
- healthy gums
- energy-yielding metabolism
- nervous system support
- normal psychological function
- reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- protection of cells from oxidative stress
- regeneration of the reduced form of vitamin E
* These approved health benefits are based on the detailed nutritional composition of the product supplied by Go Superfoods, these health benefits may not be applicable to similar products from other suppliers.
Recommendations for use
Recommended daily intake: approximately 1-2g.
Precautions for use
Store in a cool and dry place.
Go Superfoods Organic Acerola Powder does not contain any substances causing allergies or intolerances as ingredients or by possibility of cross contamination.
Santi-shop code: GS017