MarkalMillet - organic
|500 g - 1.99 €|
|Best before ≥ 02/06/2019|
Millet is a small-seeded cereal cultivated mainly in dry areas, especially in Africa and Asia.
One of its virtues is to be little allergen because it contains no gluten and is therefore ideal for people suffering from celiac disease. It is very easy to digest.
Very rich in silicic acid, millet strengthens hair, nails and teeth.
* from certified organic agriculture
Origin: Czech Rep./ Ukraine
Allergen prevention measures implemented by the company MARKAL:
- the packaging schedule is defined based on allergens
- complete cleaning after each product
- additional cleaning at the end of workingshifts by a specialized company
Nutritional values per 100g
- energy: 1505,2kJ / 356,4kcal
- fat: 4,2g of which saturates: 0,7g
- carbohydrates: 64,4g of which sugars: 0,5g
- fibre: 8,5g
- protein: 11g
- salt: 0,01g
- Ca: 20 mg
- P: 311 mg
- K : 430 mg
- Fe: 6,8 mg
- vitamine B1: 0,73 mg
- vitamine B2: 0,38 mg
- vitamin PP (niacin or nicotinic acid): 2.3 mg
Rich in phosphorus, potassium and magnesium. It is also particularly rich in vitamins B and mainly in niacine (B3) which is necessary for the metabolism of carbohydrates, lipids and proteins.
Recommendations for use
Same as quinoa, one can eat it salted as well as sweet. It can be incorporated into soup to thicken it, or used to prepare croquettes, puddings, salads. It can also be germinated and used in a salad, or incorporated into breads, pies or other biscuits.
Millet is a tasty baked alternative to potatoes and rice in a hot meal. It is an ideal crop because it is quick cooking. Mashed millet replaces beautifully mashed potatoes. Millet porridge with fruits or fruit sauce is a delicious dessert.
You can also prepare 'burgers' millet with cold vegetables or cheese. It is perfect with cold dishes and salads.
Precautions for use
- Store in a cool and dry place, in a closed packing.
- Possible traces of sesame, gluten, soyabeans, mustard or nuts.
Santi-shop code: MK151