MarkalRed Rice, whole - organic
|500 g - 3.50 €|
|Best before ≥ 04/25/2023|
Red rice comes from a spontaneous cross between cultivated rice and wild rice (however not the "wild rice" (zizania palustris) which is also called Canada rice, Indian rice or water oats). It owes its colour to the clay soils on which it grows and is characterized by a subtle flavour and a distinctive texture. As a wholegrain rice this whole, fine long grain red rice requires a cooking time of, according to taste, about 30 to 45 minutes.
Organic whole rice is easily digestible and important for our health. Its grain, washed, hulled, but not polished, has retained all its vitamins, minerals, proteins, micronutrients and fibers. Research has updated its anti-cancer, anti-diabetic and cardiovascular disease protecting potential. It is interesting for diabetics and sportsmen because it contains soluble fibers which slow the increase in blood sugar by releasing glucose gradually. Its cooking water can be helpful in relieving diarrhoea and as it contains no gluten, it is also a grain of choice for people with celiac disease.
Latin name: Oryza sativa
long-, whole-grain red rice (Oryza sativa)*
* from certified organic agriculture
Allergen prevention measures implemented by the company MARKAL:
- the packaging schedule is defined based on allergens
- complete cleaning after each product
- additional cleaning at the end of workingshifts by a specialized company
Nutrional values per 100g
- energy: 1592kJ / 376kcal
- fat: 3g of which saturates: 0,86g
- carbohydrates: 75g of which sugars: 0,1g
- fibre: 4,5g
- protein: 10g
- salt: 0,18g
Recommendations for use
Precautions for use
- Store protected from light in a cool and dry place, in a tightly closed packing.
- Allergens that may be present on the production line and be a risk of cross contamination: gluten, hazelnuts, sesame and soybeans,
Santi-shop code: MK137