MarkalQuinoa meal - organic
Quinoa meal, here with glutenfree-guarantee, is very digestible and appreciated for its high nutritional value, as its protein content is very high (10,4% to 17%, depending on the variety). Unlike wheat or rice (which are low in lysine), quinoa contains a balanced set of essential amino acids for humans, making it an unusually complete food. This meal of white quinoa has a light nutty taste and can for example be used as ingredient for breads, bakery , soufflés, soups and sweet entremets.
This product is no more available. Please find hereafter a link to the category to which it belonged:
* from certified organic agriculture
* the packaging schedule is defined based on allergens
* complete cleaning after each product
* additional cleaning at the end of workingshifts by a specialized company
Quinoa is originated in South America. It has been cultivated for more than 5000 years. It is eaten as a cereal, but it is botanically the fruit of a plant from the same family as spinach and beet. It therefore falls into the category of pseudo cereal, like buckwheat.
Nutritional values per 100g
- energy: 1503kJ / 357kcal
- fat: 6,5g of which saturates: 0.77g
- carbohydrates: 57,5g of which sugars: 2,67g
- fibre: 10,8g
- protein: 11,7g
- salt: traces
Quinoa is free of gluten, as rice, millet , corn, buckwheat, amaranth and teff. This makes them perfectly digestible for people who are suffering from coeliac disease.
- Rich in magnesium and iron.
- Particularlry rich in vitamins B and in vitamin E.
Precautions for use
- May contain traces of sesame, soybean, mustard, nuts.
Santi-shop code: MK136