TerrasanaAlmond flour - organic
|500 g - |
|Best before ≥ 08/16/2018|
|6 pc in stock!|
This almond flour, also known as almond meal, has a very soft texture, a fine and lightly sweet taste. It is very light-coloured because it is made of peeled (but not deoiled) almonds. The Almonds have a high nutritional value and, like all oleaginous fruits and seeds, contain many important nutriments (e.g. vitamins, minerals, healthy lipids). For almonds among these health contributions the high levels of magnesium and vitamin E contribute to recognised healing properties and those of potassium to a notable mobilization of your physical energy.
Several epidemiological and clinical studies have found that regular consumption (about 30g per week) of husk fruits, peanuts and oilseeds has a cholesterol-lowering effect, reduces the risk of cardiovascular disease, type 2 diabetes, gallstones in men, gall bladder ablation and colon cancer in women.
Almondmeal may be eaten alone or sprinkled over or mixed with salads, smoothies, muesli, desserts, particularly ice cream.
* from certified organic agriculture
Nutrional values per 100g
- energy: 2740kJ / 652kcal
- fat: 56g of which saturates: 4g
- carbohydrates: 14g of which sugars: 4,7g
- fibre: 7g
- protein: 22g
- salt: 0g
Recommendations for use
- Almond flour can be used alone or to complement other flours in various culinary preparations.
- To make almond milk there are several recipes, for example:
- The most simple: mix 1 tablespoon of almond flour in a cup of water
- More elaborate, cold: mix well (possibly with a mixer) 150 to 350g almond flour and 1l water, then filter (first with a sieve, afterwards, if only the most fine particles are to be left, with a coffee filter or fine tissue). Residue can be used for other recipes. Some recipes suggest pouring flour into the water and let stand a few hours (turning from time to time) before mixing and filtering.
- More elaborate, hot: mix (possibly with a mixer) 150 to 350g almond flour to 1 liter of hot water. Next as above.
Almond milk will keep for about 3 days in the refrigerator in a tightly closed container. Shake the container or stir before use.
Precautions for use
- Store in a cool (between 1 and 20 °C) and dry place, away from light, in well closed packing.
- Possible traces of sesame, peanuts.
Santi-shop code: TS039