MarkalAgar-Agar powder - organic
|150 g - |
|Best before ≥ 06/02/2018|
Agar-Agar has been used for centuries as culinary ingredient in Japan and has a gelling power substantially higher than that of gelatin of animal or synthetic origin. Its tastelessness allows not to hide the authenticity of the flavours of the preparations in which it is used (terrines, mousses, puddings, jams ...).
Agar-Agar comes from the depths of the ocean and is a wild, natural, pure product, without any adjuvant. Agar-Agar is gelling provided that the liquid to which it is mixed is heated at 90 °C for 30 seconds and then allowed to cool to less than approximately 40 °C. Agar-Agar is very popular with Japanese women as slimming product, is also used for its laxative properties in the case of intestinal disorders and to relieve stomach upset. Agar agar can be used to make puddings, jellies, creams, jams, Bavarians and others, or gel blocks. Fans of home-made jams, often disappointed by a too liquid texture, greatly appreciate this ingredient that strengthens their preparations without altering the taste.
Agar-Agar is rich in insoluble fibres and facilitates intestinal transit gently. Otherwise it contains mainly minerals and sugars with very low glycemic index, hardly provides calories (15 kcal per 100g if you do not count the hypothetical 2kcal per gram of fibres), is deemed to accelerate satiety (by swelling it acts as an appetite suppressant by saturating stomach) and reduce absorption of simultaneously consumed fats and sugars, so reducing the absorption of calories by the body and providing an attractive weapon for those who want to remain slim or lose weight with less depriving.
Latin name: Gracilaria verrucosa, Gelidium sp
* from certified organic agriculture
Allergen prevention measures implemented by the company MARKAL:
- the packaging schedule is defined based on allergens
- complete cleaning after each product
- additional cleaning at the end of workingshifts by a specialized company
Nutrional values per 100g
- energy: 820.1kJ / 203.6kcal
- fat: 0g
- carbohydrates: 4.6g of which sugars: 0.5g
- fibre: 90.4g
- protein: 1.1g
- salt: 20mg
Recommendations for use
- Depending on the desired result, mix 2 to 4g Agar Agar for 1 liter of water, milk, juice: dilute the Agar-Agar in the preparation to gel brought to a boiled, bring the whole preparation while stirring to a boil and keep boiling for about 5 minutes. To avoid lumps Agar-Agar must be carefully added in small quantities. Another method of preparation: mix the agar-agar in a small amount of cold or boiling water and add this mixture to the preparation brought to a boil. * Check possibly by the end of the preparation the consistency by cooling a spoonful of the final mixture on a plate because gelation will take place through the cooling under 38-41 ° C. (the phenomenon is reversible since it can liquefy again by re-heating the preparation). Note that agar agar would gels less well acidic liquids.
- For an anti-calorie action one gram of agar agar per day, would be a good average and 3 grams the maximum daily dose because Agar-Agar consumed in too high doses becomes laxative.
- For gel blocks:
1% Agar agar and 99% water give a compact flexible to the touch
2% Agar agar and 98% water give a solid and compact gel
3% agar agar and 97% water give a solid and very compact gel
Precautions for use
- After opening store in a cool (less than 15°C) and dry place, away from light, in a closed packing.
- Attention to abuse because excessive consumption may produce laxative effects and can cause problems if the rest of the diet is not varied. People suffering from bowel syndrome may present greater discomfort during an agar consumption greater than 2 g per day.
- The use of agar-agar is contra-indicated for patients with intestinal obstruction or allergy to seafood. For diabetics it is recommended to prevent their doctor if they wish to use large quantities of agar-agar as, because of its richness in fibres, agar-agar has an action on the assimilation of carbohydrates.
Santi-shop code: MK103