MarkalWhole Couscous - organic
This couscous is a speciality of hard wheat which contains almost all constituents of the whole wheat corn and can be prepared easily and rapidly.
Couscous consists more generally of granules made by rolling and shaping moistened semolina of hard wheat, barley or millet. In North Africa, couscous is a very popular food and is also the name of a meal. It can be served with vegetables, tomato sauce, can replace rice in a hot meal, is traditionally served under a meat or vegetable stew. Cooled, couscous allows preparing succulent salads.
This product is no more available. Please see below possible alternative products.
whole semolina of hard wheat*
* from certified organic agriculture
Nutrional values per 100g
- energy: 1454kJ / 344kcal
- fat: 2,2g of which saturates: 0,5g
- carbohydrates: 64g of which sugars: 1,7g
- fibre: 8,9g
- protein: 13,0g
- salt: traces
Recommendations for use
- Basic cooking: pour 1/2 cup of couscous in 1 cup of lightly salted boiling water. Put the lid on the pan and let inflate for 10 minutes. In case it is not cooked enough, add a little amount of boiling water but avoid getting it wet and sticky.
Add raisins before cooking, a little bit olive oil at the end and you get a dish that will delight your children.
1. put one volume of semolina in a bowl and pour the same volume of boiling water over it, cover, let stand for 5 minutes and then detach the grains with a fork
2. impregnate one volume of semolina with one volume cold water and heat in the top of a couscoussier
Precautions for use
- Store in a cool and dry place, in a closed packing.
- Contains gluten. Possible traces of mustard, nuts, sesame and soy.
Santi-shop code: MK093