DavertRed Lentils - organic
|500 g - 3.11 €|
|Best before ≥ 09/12/2019|
These rapidly cooking whole red lentils have a little pronounced flavour and fit well the taste of herbs and spices accompanying them when cooking. Their colour fades during cook time.
Some studies have linked regular consumption of leguminosae or leguminous vegetables to various health benefits such as better control of diabetes, a reduced risk of cardiovascular disease and a decreased risk of colorectal cancer.
Red lentils*, Sunflower oil*
* from certified organic agriculture
The composition of the proteins of leguminous grains (except in the case of soybeans) certain essential amino acids such as methionine, are found in small quantities, hence the need to combine leguminous with other protein sources such as cereals (rich in methionine and low in lysine) or oleaginous seeds, nuts, which have essential proteins complementing particularly well those of leguminous (poor in methionine and rich in lysine).
Some studies have linked regular consumption of leguminous to various health benefits such as better control of diabetes, a reduced risk of cardiovascular disease and a decreased risk of colorectal cancer.
Recommendations for use
- Lentils are to be associate with cereals or nuts for a perfect nutritional protein balance (to compensate for the low methionine content of lentils).
- Lentil flour can be used to thicken soups and sauces or to enrich breads and pastries. The pappadums, dry patties/pancakes served at the beginning of Indian meals, are usually prepared with lentil flour.
- Red lentils can be sprouted (about 3 days), only when they are not completely divided into two, and be added, raw or cooked, to various dishes. But for those who want to be sure of the result there are also "special" lentils to germinate.
Precautions for use
- Store under dry and fresh temperature in the closed packaging.
- Possible traces of sesame, gluten or nuts.
Santi-shop code: DA018